Monday, February 2, 2009

Super Bowl XLIII ads


The planets of sports and advertising had their annual conjunction last night. I checked in somewhere in the second quarter and was in and out, so I did miss a few. There is a good re-cap along with some funny commentary here.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/0,28757,1874549,00.html

My personal favorites:

Monster.com’s “Moose Head” ad
I laughed out loud.

Cash4Gold’s ad featuring Ed McMahon and M.C. Hammer
Again, laugh-out-loud funny – and timely.

Coca Cola’s “Insect Heist” ad
Cleverly creative and impeccably animated.

NFL’s Usama Young ad
A nice combination of humor and father-son sentimentality.


Stinkers:

Pepsi’s “MacGruber” ad
I’m sure most MacGyver fans ate this one up, but it didn’t really do anything for me.

GoDaddy.com’s ads featuring Danica Patrick
These were both tasteless and not really all that clever or all that funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment